College is an important part of every individual’s life. But, a very high percentage of the community misses out on their college education due to lack of funds. Mothers fall in such category who either couldn’t complete their education or couldn’t continue due to family and duties. Mothers need to get educated and for this reason college scholarship for mothers have been initiated.
Mothers are a delicate part of the family who support and care for the family and perform all their duties with due diligence. Education to them is as important as to the other members. An educated mother is able to make the right choices for her and her family. Understanding this situation, help has been offered from different directions. The federal government is making a marked difference in the lives of mothers by providing various scholarships and grants to them to attend college. The government has reserved $30 billion for federal grants and an additional $40 billion towards state grants. The Pell grants being the most famous amongst the federal grants have been improved from this year and $17 billion has been kept aside for it. Federal grants are to be applied through FAFSA which is the online application center.
Non-profit organizations are putting in their efforts to provide scholarships for mothers to get back to college. A few of them have been mentioned below:
1) Raise the Nation – This wonderful organization has been helping out mothers for their financial needs and helping them return to colleges to start their education.
2) Sunshine Lady Foundation Scholarship Program – This organization is working towards mothers who have been abused physically by their spouse. The program provides financial aid and scholarships to these mothers to complete their education.
3) The Fleming Associates Young Parent Program – The program works to provide education to those mothers who are especially from a low-income household and are also eager to continue their education.
4) Soroptimist Women’s Opportunity Awards: Three women are awarded this scholarship who are really eager to pursue their studies.
5) The Jeanette Rankin Foundation Scholarship Program : This foundation was started in 1978. The program aims to provide financial care to mothers above 35 years of age.
6) Arkansas Single Parent Scholarship – The scholarship is mainly for the single mothers from the region of Arkansas.
7) Ford Opportunity Program – It is provided to 52 mothers attending Oregon College.
Most of these scholarships support degree programs which have the option of studying online. Online studies are a welcome asset for the mothers as they are extremely convenient and flexible.
College scholarships for mothers are really a request to all the mothers to make use of such beautiful amenities available now which will later ensure them a happy and secure future and a smooth life for their family.